Beauty Products and Packaging - Zero Waste Box™
WHAT YOU CAN RECYCLE
Use this Zero Waste Box to recycle any brand of cosmetic, hair care, or skin care packaging. This includes items such as:
- Shampoo bottles and caps
- Conditioner bottles and caps
- Hair gel tubes and caps
- Spray bottles and triggers
- Hair paste plastic jars and caps
- lip balm tubes
- Face soap dispensers and tubes
- Lotion bottles, tubes, dispensers, and jars
- Shaving foam tubes (no cans)
- Lip gloss tubes
- Mascara tubes
- Eye liner pencils and cases
- Eye Shadow tubes
- Concealer tubes and sticks
Do not send in aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, and nail polish remover bottles, electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners, any bio-medical or bio-hazardous waste or any contents of packaging such as nail-polish, lotion, soap or ointments.
How It Works
- Order: Select a Zero Waste Box system and place your order.
- Collect: Collect the accepted items to fill the system.
- Ship: Send it back to TerraCycle with the prepaid return label on your system.*
- Reorder: Order your next Zero Waste Box system to continue to recycle everything.
- One Zero Waste Box system (box, pouch, or pallet)
- One prepaid return label, affixed to your box or pouch*
- Processing and recycling of the materials
- Customer support from our team of experts
Learn more about how the Zero Waste Box system works to recycle everything.
*Please note: For Zero Waste Pallet orders, shipping is not included. The cost and scheduling of return shipping for pallets is the responsibility of the customer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Ready to Ship Form when your pallet is full.
Important Shipping Restrictions
For the Zero Waste Box system to work effectively and safely, please follow these simple shipping guidelines on how and what you can ship back to TerraCycle:
- Only send in items this system accepts. Sending in items that fall outside the selected category causes contamination and the need for added separation, which increases costs.
- Do not send in household items that may be considered hazardous waste. These include items such as lithium-ion batteries, pressurized canisters, pesticides, oil-based paint or medical sharps, organics, broken glass, biomedical waste, soiled diapers, or expired medication. Do not send in anything sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, radioactive, toxic, infectious, or pathogenic.
- Do not send in medical waste. This includes material contaminated with blood or bodily fluids that originate from health care facilities, hospitals, physicians offices, dental offices, blood banks, veterinary clinics, research laboratories, etc.
- Do not ship dripping packages. Please make sure all excess product has been removed before putting it in your Zero Waste Box, Pouch, or Pallet. If you choose to rinse your items, please note that the system must be completely dry prior to shipping.
- ***Shipping rates will vary for Alaska, Hawaii and other US territories. Contact your TCRW representative to place your order.