Sporting Goods - Zero Waste Box™
WHAT YOU CAN RECYCLE
Please send us any item, clothing, or equipment used in a sport. This includes bats, sticks, rackets (including broken parts such as strings, bumpers, and grippers), discarded biking and skateboarding equipment such as skateboards, bicycles, wheels, brakes, protective seats, bells, baskets, accessories, rims, reflectors, and handle bar cushions and grips, fishing rods, nets, hooks, weights, scales, popped and ripped frisbees, pucks, any type of ball (ie. basketballs, water-sport, softballs, baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, soccer balls, volleyballs, golf balls), yoga mats, blocks, bags, Velcro straps and eye-cushions. Please also include any sports accessories and safety equipment such as helmets, protective pads, resistance accessories, free weights, straps, cones, mouth-guards, whistles, jump ropes, netting, pennies, and clothing specific to certain recreational activities like swimsuits.
Do not send in fish, live bait, or large gym machines.
How It Works
- Order: Select a Zero Waste Box system and place your order.
- Collect: Collect the accepted items to fill the system.
- Ship: Send it back to TerraCycle with the prepaid return label on your system.*
- Reorder: Order your next Zero Waste Box system to continue to recycle everything.
- One Zero Waste Box system (box, pouch, or pallet)
- One prepaid return label, affixed to your box or pouch*
- Processing and recycling of the materials
- Customer support from our team of experts
Learn more about how the Zero Waste Box system works to recycle everything.
*Please note: For Zero Waste Pallet orders, shipping is not included. The cost and scheduling of return shipping for pallets is the responsibility of the customer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Ready to Ship Form when your pallet is full.
Important Shipping Restrictions
For the Zero Waste Box system to work effectively and safely, please follow these simple shipping guidelines on how and what you can ship back to TerraCycle:
- Only send in items this system accepts. Sending in items that fall outside the selected category causes contamination and the need for added separation, which increases costs.
- Do not send in household items that may be considered hazardous waste. These include items such as lithium-ion batteries, pressurized canisters, pesticides, oil-based paint or medical sharps, organics, broken glass, biomedical waste, soiled diapers, or expired medication. Do not send in anything sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, radioactive, toxic, infectious, or pathogenic.
- Do not send in medical waste. This includes material contaminated with blood or bodily fluids that originate from health care facilities, hospitals, physicians offices, dental offices, blood banks, veterinary clinics, research laboratories, etc.
- Do not ship dripping packages. Please make sure all excess product has been removed before putting it in your Zero Waste Box, Pouch, or Pallet. If you choose to rinse your items, please note that the system must be completely dry prior to shipping.